Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a link to jump to that section.
What to Expect:
1. How will I know when my child's school portraits will be made?
Your school will generally send home a reminder that school
portraits will be made 3-5 days prior.
2. What should my child wear on picture day?
Keep in mind the type of portraits being made.
- Fall Portraits, we encourage students to dress up nice. Fall
Portraits are made on a traditional background that goes well
with most colors.
- Spring Portraits are made on a green screen (which allows for
the multiple background choices). Try to avoid dressing your
child in bright green colors for Spring Portraits if possible.
- For Sports/Clubs/Special Groups, remember to take your uniform,
equipment, and anything else you might need for your pictures. If
your child is involved in more than one club, that might mean
taking multiple outfits/shirts to change into for the different
3. What should I do to prepare for School Portraits?
Here are some simple tips to help you be well prepared for your
- Hair: It's best to get your hair cut at least a few days to a week
prior to your School Portraits. This helps the hair look more
natural and helps avoid that "just cut" look. Be sure to
comb/brush your hair and if possible take a comb/brush with you
to touch up before your portraits.
- Clothes: Make sure to iron your clothes or do what is necessary
to remove wrinkles. Try to wear clothes/colors that compliment
your features (skin, hair, eyes, etc). Make sure that the clothes you
choose aren't stained or have holes.
- Make-Up: It's best to go easy on the make-up. Use enough to
compliment your natural skin tone.
- Brush Your Teeth: This will help your smile look brighter. If your
pictures will be after a snack or lunch, take your toothbrush with
- Rest: One of the most important things that you can do to
prepare for your School Portraits is to get plenty of rest the night
before. Your portraits will look much better if you look well rested.
- Smile: Just smile! Smiling in your portrait makes it so much better!
1. What time will my child's school portraits will be made?
Most school portraits are made first thing in the morning. Fall, Spring,
and Holiday Portraits are usually done before lunch. Sports, Clubs
and other special groups are typically scheduled at different times
based on the school's need.
2. What happens if my child misses their School Portrait day?
Most schools have make-up days for Fall and Spring Portraits. Try to
make sure that you do everything possible to arrive on time to school
for your portraits and at least 15 minutes early for sports and
3. Can my children have their picture taken together?
Typically, this is done at the school's discretion. The majority of our
sibling portraits are done in the spring; however, some schools allow for
this in the fall. Other portrait sessions typically do allow for siblings (i.e.
sports, friends, holiday).
4. Do I need to go with my child on School Portrait day?
Many schools do look for parents to help volunteer. Please contact your
school for more information on this.
1. When should I expect to receive my proofs?
Proofs are typically sent to the school in approximately two weeks.
2. What if I do not receive a proof?
- Ensure that your child had their picture taken.
- Contact the school to see if the proof was sent to the wrong class.
- If the school did not receive the proof, please call us and we will
be happy to assist you.
3. What is the deadline to place my order?
The deadline to turn in your order is set by the school. Please
contact your school for more information.
4. Can I order after the deadline?
Yes, but please do not return it to the school. Please mail your
completed order to 254 Miller Rd, Ohatchee, AL 36271, and add an
additional $10 processing fee.
5. Is this a fundraiser for my child's school?
Yes. Your school receives a percentage of every portrait purchased.
6. What is the difference between Standard, Deluxe, and Ultimate Packages?
- Standard packages include only your prints.
- Deluxe packages include Copyright Release, Retouching, and Your
Name and Year on all portraits except Exchange Wallets.
- Ultimate packages include everything above plus all portraits are
7. Will my name come on my package?
Names are included only with the purchase of Deluxe or Ultimate
8. The name on my proof is wrong. Can I change it?
Yes. Please fill in the personalization blocks under the student name
section on the back of the order form.
9. Can I make my own package or substitute items in my package?
No. Due to computer aided printing, packages must be printed as
shown. We do offer add-ons for an additional fee.
10. What comes in the Super Package?
With the Super Package, you get to choose 3 styles and you will
receive 1-8x10, 1-5x7, 2-31/2x5s and 8-Jumbo Wallets of each
style. You also receive a Photo CD with Copyright Release, 4-31/2x5
Magnets with name, and Retouching.
11. What is a Photo CD?
Your Photo CD includes your portrait on all styles, with and
without name, and a Lifetime Copyright Release.
12. How can I get my portrait with all the available styles?
All styles are available on the Photo CD.
13. Can I choose a different style for the magnets or dog tags?
No. These styles may not be changed.
14. What if I forgot to choose a style for my package?
The default style is style A. Super Package 1 will include styles A, B,
and C. Package 2 will include styles A and B. All others will be style A.
15. What is Lamination?
Lamination is a clear, glass-like coating that preserves and protects
your portraits from fading and moisture.
16. What does retouching cover?
Retouching will remove minor blemishes. It will not make corrections to
hair, glasses, or teeth.
17. What is the difference between Jumbo Wallets and Exchange Wallets?
Jumbo Wallets are traditional billfold wallets and measure 2 1/2x3 1/2.
Exchange Wallets are designed for student trading and
measure 1 3/4x2 1/2.
18. How long does it take to get my order?
School orders take approximately 3 weeks from the time we receive
the order. Please keep in mind that we do not receive the orders until
after the school's deadline.
19. Can I purchase my portraits online?
We currently offer online purchasing for events only. However, you
may reorder prints online after you have purchased your initial
1. I ordered a Copyright Release but did not receive a Photo CD.
A Copyright Release and Photo CD are two different products. The
Copyright Release is a printed release that allows you to print
additional prints from the package you purchased.
2. I think I received the wrong package.
Please call our office immediately and we will be happy to assist you.
3. I received my package and there is a flaw in the paper.
Please call our office immediately and we will be happy to assist you.
4. My name is not on my package.
Names are only included in Super Package 1 and Deluxe and Super
Packages 2-5. If you ordered one of these packages, please call our
office and we will be happy to assist you.
1. Do you accept credit cards?
Yes. We accept all major credit cards for all portrait sessions and events.
2. How long do you keep images?
Most images are kept for 2 years.
3. Can I purchase pictures online?
We currently offer online purchases for events only.
4. Do you offer more than just school photography?
Yes. We do offer other types of photography on location or at our
studio. Please call us for more information.
5. Where can I get information on Senior Portraits?
We have a website devoted to Senior Portraits. Please visit
Site by LynnBrooke Design ©2016 Bill Miller Photographers